Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oh sweet spontaneous birth....


Here is Chanti's post before Wednesday mom's group--

oh sweet spontaneous birth.... begins one of my favorite poems by e.e. cummings.
oh sweet sensual soft and powerful birth, sweet calm and rocking, sweet surges of joy and pain and surrender, oh how you inspire me to live my life with passion and awe.

As a student, attendant, midwife, and lover of birth I take pause and give thanks for the beauty that I witness. Mothers, babies, fathers, partners, doulas, midwives, friends, and family woven together in moments of time --breathing, reaching out, reaching in, holding space.

The little ones know what to do. The mothers know what to do. Feeling safe and supported, they work together in their journey from one to two.

This miracle, this love-- may it be protected, experienced, and witnessed by all desiring sweet spontaneous birth. -- Chanti Smith, student midwife, mom's group facilitator

No comments: