Friday, April 20, 2007

Willow Tree


I am a willow tree,
Strong, yet fluid
graceful.
I can bend with the wind,
but my roots are
tough,
indestructible.
Opening to birth my child
is
flowing with the wind:
from a
soft and gentle breeze
to a
stormy gale
back to a
soft and gentle breeze.
My body is
strong, but flexible.
It is my friend, it knows how to
open.
I am a friend to my body
eating well, walking, and
loving myself.
I shall birth
safely, freely, openly . . .
among my
loved and trusted ones.
I am the willow,
flexible
beautiful resilient
endowed
with the power of surrender
to the wind rustling through my leaves,
my branches.
My roots reach
deep into Mother Earth
Anchored in Her strength
I bring forth life
In
joy!

---Anonymous, submitted by Rachel Yellin, doula, childbirth educator, yoga instructor

No comments: