Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sisters on a Journey


From MJ Hanafin, CNM, Homeopath from England--

Wow, so good to be back into the energy of my sister midwives, you and wise ones too. I have been a 24/7 carer for my lovely mum for the last 3 plus years after she had a severe stroke leaving her totally paralyzed accept for her right arm. She can talk which is quite a blessing. It's lonely, hard work but she has a great sense of humor and she is very sweet and grateful. So, tho it's hard work, I wouldn't wish it to be anything else. But getting an energy boost from "my women" now and again keeps my spirits up and batteries recharged to give my mother the care she deserves. Blessings to you all, MJ

From Nancy Rotecki, NP, CNM, MPH from Seattle, WA

This is my first blog experience-being a midwife working in women's health for the Seattle Public Health department. I dearly miss my midwifery practice of 22 years at the Health Dept, but love the diverse clients I see day to day. The issue is affordable health care; this is an ever present concern for the women I serve. I hope we can effect this idea that health care is our right in my life time.

No comments: