Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ACOG, shame on you.

Another great homebirth


Here's what they're up to. ACOG, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, wants you to be afraid of homebirth. So, they put up a survey on their website asking for people to post all their "homebirths gone wrong" stories. Activists got wind of it and started to post their great homebirths. ACOG removed the survey to their members only area, away from public access and scrutiny. I could do the same, put up a survey on this blog asking for comments about people's bad birth experiences in the Hospital. If you want to tell your story, just comment to this post.
But, hey, the story was on the Huffington Post. Let's expose ACOG for who they really are!
Read the story here.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I was given dismally inadequate, substandard "care" during the birth of my first child, ignored and tied to machines, treated like an annoying little girl, and then gutted like a fish when I didn't fit through their one-size-does-NOT-fit-all cookie cutter. Then the OB screwed up during the C-section, failed to inform me, and I was back in the OR a week later bleeding out because of his mistake. They lied to my face when I asked them what happened. It took a crack team of dozens of midwives poring over my medical records to figure out what happened, four years later. My son was fine, but *I* will never set foot in a hospital to birth again unless I DO need a C-section or I'm bleeding out again. They can fix that, that's all they're good for. I will trust my evil, criminal, ignorant, hippy-dippy midwives with my body any day over a surgeon who wouldn't even recognize me if I walked up to him right now and kicked him in the balls.

There! How's that for a horror story? ;)

Louisa said...

http://mamamidwifemadness.blogspot.com/2007/04/abandon-hope-all-ye-who-enter-here.html

Happy to oblige.
Enjoy (or not) my hospital horror story.