Sunday, September 12, 2010

From Illysa Foster

I have disallowed comments due to a plethora of spam/pharmaceutical industry comments. So I want to add some here:

Thank you, Maria, for sharing your long days and nights in Haiti with the public. Having been there myself just six weeks before, I found tremendous solace in your stories of triumph and loss. Hooray for you, Ami and Dina for bridging the divide of language and culture to see the lovely midwives of Haiti for who they are-women in service of other women and their families. I hear hope in your voice that rises in me as I remember the joy in working with bright students there and in seeing the beauty of Haitians-those with the most authentic smiles one can have the honor of witnessing. Thanks for sharing the pain, too. That resonates deeply, as well.


Blessings to you and your work,

Illysa Foster

No comments: