Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Sweet Reward by Joy (Part Three)

I thought about all my friends who had contributed a bead to my Blessingway necklace, I thought about all the mama’s before me who had given birth, I thought about how during a long climb on the bike sometimes you just want to quit but you can’t ‘cause you know that once you get to the top there will be a sweet reward.  Come on Baby G, we can do this!  Let’s DO THIS!  

Once back on the birthing stool I knew this would be it.  I felt a ring of sting during the first set of contractions but no Baby G yet.  I pushed and pushed but my body was tired.  I thought about how during a bike sprint your legs just want to lock up after your first jump and you keep down shifting to get more torque and speed, you have to take your adrenaline and energy to mentally psyche yourself out to keep going.  This is what I thought about when sitting on the birthing stool!  “PUUUUUSH!!!  Down shift.  COME ON JOY!!!!”  Down shift.  “YOU CAN DO IT!!!!”  Down shift.  “HERE COMES THE BABY!!!!”  The ring of sting was overwhelming, I pushed with everything I had and then it disappeared.  Jamie’s hands caught Baby G.  The air was still and Baby G’s cry was like music to my ears.  BABY G IS A GIRL!  SHE’S AMAZING!  




Date: Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:00 PM
Subject: Our new addition is here!!!!

Hi Everyone!

We are pleased to announce the arrival of Celeste Napali Gilpin!  Joy and Celeste are doing wonderful after a beautiful home birth.   She was born here in the Presidio at 5:44 am today, weighs in at 7 lbs 7 oz (3.37 kg), and is 20 inches (50.8 cm) long.

More information soon.  We are focused on learning how to be parents right now so hold tight.  Keep your eye on Facebook and email for more info and pics.

Love - Jamie, Joy, Celeste, and Eddy

PS - Spread the word!  So please feel free to forward this on to others.




No comments: