Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Side Trip


to Washington, DC. I am blogging from the Acela Express, the American version of a speed train that travels up and down the East Coast Corridor. I left Port Jefferson this morning at 5:40am in order to get into Penn Station by 8 for the Acela. I have to say, I like it! When I first sat down, I actually had to ask the woman next to me if I was in the right section because I couldn't tell if where I was was first class or not! Two electrical outlets and a good WiFi connection are making me very happy.
I am heading into the ACNM headquarters in DC for a coalition meeting. It would be ordinary, if it weren't so unusual. ACN
M has invited a core coalition to meet to discuss the Roybal-Allard bill regarding maternal health, "HR3740--"Moms 21"--and other emerging federal legislation focused on improving maternity care." The coalition will include: ACNM, MANA, NACPM, Amnesty International, AWHONN, Childbirth Connnections and ICTC. This will be an historic moment for us all to work together. I will blog after the meeting to tell you how it went.

No comments: